Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tests

Tests, tests and more tests. Enough of these tests already! I'm too sleepy to study, but I did. Tomorrow is my earliest day. I'll be waking up at 6:00am because I have class at 9:00. I'm really enjoying my sumi-e class. It's a nice break from the lectures. We have been learning about tone and bamboo. I'm not that good at the leaf clusters, but one of these days I'll get it. I'll take a photo of one of my paintings and post one. I like how experimental the class is. The only problem I seem to be having is finding my paintings that I've already done. I think you have to turn in 3 by the end of the week. When everyone is done, we put them under a table, so they're all mixed together and we don't have our "hanko" yet. A hanko is a red stamp which is equal to that of a signature in the west. I get to pick a name for myself as a painter. I was thinking about 芽美 pronounced "Meimi" which means beautiful sprout. I also wanted to incorporate 兎 "usagi" into it, as well, because I was born in the year of the rabbit. Hmm . . . (1988 is the year of the dragon, but I was born before the Chinese new year).

This Thursday we don't have classes, but I think I may be waking up early to go to Nara with a group of people. I think we'll see the Todaiji temple? I'm not sure. . . but this means I have more opportunities for photos!

Speaking of photos, here's one for mom:


Time to sleep *_*

5 comments:

  1. Excellent use of futon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA, you so DO look like you are in the hole. But a comfy hole. HA HA HA LOVE it!
    Thank you so much... It's perfect.

    We were bombarded with snow again today and Tim ended up working all evening on Karla's car. Something goes wrong with it all the time. Poor Karla... and Poor Tim, he never gets any free time and when he does, he either is fixing something for someone or... I want his free time (which he doesn't mind). HA HA HA


    We are doing taxes tomorrow. I suppose you are going to want me to do your taxes for you? Ohhh never mind... Since you didn't work, you are exempt from filing. Whoohoo! We will handle it.

    Tim and I are doing very well. Jillian and Connor miss you. Kari is doing well too. I ran around with Karla today, while her car was being worked on. Landon is getting BIG. Can barely carry him in a car seat anymore. He crawls, but not REAL crawling just yet... it's more like a military crawl, where his belly stays on the floor. It's so cute.

    I actually stopped in at Bakita's bowling party for a few minutes to say hello to everyone(we know the Bakita's well and hang out with several of them weekly). I guess Greg made a very funny comment to Karla... He said, "Your dad didn't make it... but your Mom did" and pointed over to me. He laughed. I got to see Mary Ann and talked to her for a couple minutes. I was able to talk to Peggy for the first time in many years. I talked to Theresa too, which we talked anyway. I also talked to Lynette, which was very nice. So it was very refreshing to see everyone. I do miss everyone very much. I then had to go... Tim and kids were waiting in the car as we were also going bowling. Was fun...

    Do they bowl there?

    Anyway... Love and Miss you!
    Lots of HUGS
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, mom, that's because I AM in the circle. But you're not supposed to be. ^o^ ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it... Thank you for doing that, just for ME! Have fun and be safe. ~Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that my Captain America shirt I see next to your head?!?! NICE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete