Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Classes

This week I have been attending my classes. The schedule is pretty weird. The classes change times, days, and rooms as well. I have baught all of my textbooks, except the one's I'll need for speaking Japanese. We have another test this friday to make sure we are in the right class. If we do bad on it, they move us down a level. (Hopefully, I'm in the right class. It kind of seems like it, but at the same time, I'm not so sure. . .).

Melody wanted to make spaghetti for dinner yesterday. We finally learned how the stove really works and we cooked up some sauce and noodles. (I didn't want to cook it yet because we didn't have meat, mushrooms or parmesian cheese)!! It was awful. The sauce was sweet and it was just awful. I ended up giving half of my plate to Melody.

Lately, my throat has been bothering me. It's irritated. I have to cough or drink water all the time. I ate again at the cafeteria. They usually have something good. ^^ This time, I tried Melon Soda instead of getting miso soup. (I dont need the soup and honestly, I do not like miso soup). It was tasty! (And made by Fanta, apparently). Japan has pretty good proportions for me. I don't know about the rest of you, haha.

My body and comm class is very intersting. I've learned a bunch of signs for very common words in Japanese. Like the days of the week, konnichiwa, and genki. (Hello, how are you?) I look forward to it now. I am hoping that perhaps, when they talk about dance, it will be related to the dance the geisha perform. (Which I'm sure it is). Perhaps, instead of doing two mid-term and final papers, I can just write a research paper on that. But it could be difficult. . .

I might do karaoke again this weekend! Pat invited Melody and I. Hopefully, my voice will be ok. If not, I will just go for fun. Off to class for now.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the whole family is Karaoking... LOL
    I cannot wait to see some of your learnings in person, or on video. Have Melody take video of some of your signing... Sounds very interesting.
    Love and HUGS
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your throat is bothering you. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be stopping you from living it up. Dave says "HI KAYLIE!" ,talk to you later. <3

    ReplyDelete